The Dartmoor Preservation Association operates as a charity in law. Members of the Board of Trustees have four key roles to play in contributing to the decision-making of the Association:
- to determine the Association’s policies, and approve and monitor programmes to implement those policies including financial affairs;
- to participate in the development of policy direction, strategic thinking and innovation within the Association;
- to represent the Association, individually and corporately;
- to work as a volunteer on the Board of Trustees to help achieve the objectives of the Association; also volunteer to carry out particular tasks on behalf of the Trustees (such as serving on a working group).
The Trustees and Officers of the Association :
- act in accordance with the Association’s constitution and are accountable to the members.
- always represent the Association and its mission in a positive and professional manner in all entities and at all levels.
- have a responsibility in ensuring that the Association uses its resources prudently and in accordance with the law. We will endeavour to ensure the proper, effective and efficient use of the charitable funds and other resources.
Profiles of the DPA trustees can be found below.
VICE PRESIDENT -
Lady Elizabeth Kitson OBE DL
Tom Usher - Chief Executive Officer
Carole Chesterton - Finance and Membership Lead
Kelly Rich - Communications Officer
We are proud of our skilled and active volunteering team and the impact that they have on the local area.
Our volunteer coordinator is Sylvia Hamilton, and beside her works a team of dedicated organisers who have contributed a lot of time and effort to create opportunities to interact with the Dartmoor landscape:
Val Barns, Derek Collins, Anne and Tim Whitbourn, Bill Radcliffe, Julia Quant, plus many other walk and conservation workday leaders.